Here are just a few reasons why a daily brisk walk is such a good idea.
- Research conducted by the University Hospital of Saint-Etienne in France has found that walking just 15 minutes every day can lower the risk of early death by 22 percent.
- Studies by the University of Massachusetts in the US show that people who walk every day have 25 percent fewer colds.
- Psychologists at the University of Illinois in the US found that taking a daily 20-minute power walk for six weeks had effects comparable to a course of psychotherapy.
- Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor (BDNF) proteins, which are released while walking, repair memory neurons in your brain and act as a ‘reset button’.
- Walking is a great way to enjoy quality one-on-one time with someone without the constant distractions of TVs, phones or computers.
- These tips can be found in Issue 15.
Text Julia Gorodecky Photo Elke Karin Lugert/Unsplash.com