She first became famous at the age of 11 for her role as Hermione Granger in the Harry Potter movies, but now Emma Watson is so much more than that. Not only is she an icon in the field of feminism, she’s also an activist to be reckoned with. Here are five of her inspiring quotes.
Despite having made enough money from her acting career to be able to live comfortably for the rest of her life, Watson chose to study English literature at Brown University in the US, and she graduated with a bachelor’s degree in 2014. That’s just one of the reasons why we find her so inspiring. In that same year, she was appointed as a UN Women Goodwill ambassador and has been an advocate for women’s rights and gender equality for years. In her world-famous speech for the United Nations’ HeForShe campaign, she said that gender equality is also an issue for men, not just women. But that’s not all, as Watson also demands greater attention must be paid toward sustainable clothing for a better world.
Here are five of Emma Watson’s inspiring quotes:
- “Don’t feel stupid if you don’t like what everyone else pretends to love.”
- “I like books that aren’t just lovely but that have memories in themselves. Just like playing a song, picking up a book again that has memories can take you back to another place or another time.”
- “Feeling beautiful has nothing to do with what you look like, I promise.”
- “I don’t want other people to decide who I am. I want to decide that for myself.”
- “If you truly pour your heart into what you believe in, even if it makes you vulnerable, amazing things can and will happen.”
Photography Aaron Burden / Unsplash.com