Most of us know Elizabeth Gilbert from her memoir Eat Pray Love, of which more than 12 million copies have been sold. Here are five of Gilbert’s inspiring quotes.
Before her book Eat Pray Love appeared in 2006, Gilbert was already successful in the literary field. Her first novel, Stern Men, was published in 2000 and two years later came her first non-fiction book, The Last American Man. After her major breakthrough in 2006, several more books followed (including her latest: City of Girls), she appeared on Oprah Winfrey’s show, and held several TED Talks on topics such as creativity.
Here are five of Elizabeth Gilbert inspiring quotes:
- ‘Be the weirdo who dares to enjoy.’ (From Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear)
- ‘Do not apologize for crying. Without this emotion, we are only robots.’ (From Eat Pray Love)
- “Never forget that once upon a time, in an unguarded moment, you recognized yourself as a friend.”
- ‘At some point, you gotta let go, and sit still, and allow contentment to come to you.’ (From Eat Pray Love)
- “Faith is belief in what you cannot see or prove or touch. Faith is walking face-first and full-speed into the dark.”
* We’ve also compiled five inspiring quotes from Emma Watson, which you can read here .
* You can order Eat Pray Love here.