Forget about your to-do lists or worrying about your schedule. Just tear, cut, paste an create, using your intuition as a guide. Making a collage is a great way to get a fresh perspective. Want to make your own? You can do it in seven steps.
- Collect magazines with beautiful pictures in them.
- Leaf through the magazines. As soon as you like something, tear out the page and put it in a pile. Don’t stop to read it – just stay in the flow of your visual intuition.
- Take a large piece of paper or cardboard (as big as you like) and get out your scissors and glue (glue sticks work best).
- Pick the moest beautiful pictures out of your pile. Can you find a theme, atmosphere or pattern?
- Cut out the pictures any way you like. With neat lines or torn edges – everything is allowed.
- Make a nice composition of all your pictures on the sheet of paper. Shift them around, position, paste. It’s ready when it gives you a special feeling.
- If you want to know what the collage is telling you, let someone else look at it. What does that person notice about your collage?
- You can read an article about making a collage in our Mindfulness special.
Text Eva Loesberg Adaptation Nina Siegal