Birdwatching isn’t necessarily about the birds – it’s about reminding yourself to take time to stand still and look to what’s happening around you. And in the world of birds, there’s always happening something. Want to know more about the mindful art of birdwatching? These books can help you.
- The robin: A biography by Stephen Moss
- Ten thousand birds: Ornithology since Darwin by Tim Birkhead, Jo Wimpenny and Bob Montgomerie
- Welcome to Subirdia: Sharing our neighborhoods with wrens, robins, woodpeckers, and other wildlife by John M. Marzluff
- H is for hawk by Helen Macdonald
- Life list: A woman’s quest for the world’s most amazing birds by Olivia Gentile. Also read her online piece A feminist revolution in birding.
- The art of mindful birdwatching: reflections on freedom & being by Claire Thompson
- Bird bingo by Christine Berrie, is a beautifully illustrated bingo game featuring 64 bird species from around the world.
*Read about the joy of birdwatching in the story ‘For the birds’ in issue 32.
Photography Maria Maliy/Unsplash.com