Nothing is more fun or satisfying than making something yourself. And it doesn’t have to be hard: there’s plenty of simple DIY’s that are easy to make but have a great result. For instance this DIY for making your own plant people, made by the creative Tovalisa Dunker from Sweden.
You will need: Any plant parts that you can find • scissors • tweezers • sheet of paper (as a backdrop) • patience and a pinch of creativity
How to do it:
- You don’t have to go far to find what you need for your plant characters. Take a walk around your block and collect different plant parts that you come across (stuff that is okay to pluck, of course). Don’t think too much while gathering your material: just go with the flow(ers).
- Take along a pair of scissors and tweezers when you go. These can help you in your hunt for leaves, seeds, flowers and twigs.
- Pay attention to all the small details, patience is key. But remember that the only rule is to have fun.
- Once you’re back home, place your findings on a sheet of paper and make your plant characters using a range of different (and fun) combinations. Examine the plant parts thoroughly and challenge yourself by using them in their original shapes and forms.
- This is an activity that needs your full concentration; it’s rather therapeutic in a way. And it’s best not to sneeze while doing this.
Text and photography Tovalisa Dunker