In a creative mood? Flow’s Marjolijn Polman shows you how to paint your own plate in 8 simple steps.
You will need:
a plain plate • ceramic paint pens • oven
And this is how you do it:
- Preheat the oven to 160°C/320°F. Make sure the plate is clean, and has no traces of dust or grease.
- Draw a straight stem from the side of the plate, and add a leaf on the tip, but don’t color it in. Draw another leaf on either side of the first one. Now add some more lines branching out from the first stem and draw some leaves on these as well.
- Turn the plate 180 degrees and draw a straight stem and the outline of three leaves. Add some more little leaves halfway up the stem.
- Turn the plate 90 degrees and draw a straight stem with some solid leaves on it.
- Turn the plate 180 degrees and draw a short, straight stem. Draw a second, longer, curved stem and add the outlines of some leaves on both.
- The spaces between these different branches can be filled in with more branches and flowers.
- Finish the plate off with a dotted border.
- Bake the plate in the oven for 25 minutes, then turn the oven off and leave the plate in there to cool for another 25 minutes before removing it.
- More DIY-projects can be found in our new special Flow Make it yourself.
Text and photography Marjolijn Polman